If you are looking for a medspa treatment that is non-surgical, promotes collagen growth, while giving your face a lifting effect, then collagen threads in Boca Raton, Florida are for you. Below are the frequently asked questions when it comes to collagen threads.
What is a Collagen Thread
A collagen thread treatment uses hypodermic needles that are preloaded with PDO (Polydioxanone) absorbable sutures. The treatment involves the threading of fine, absorbable threads into the subcutaneous layer of skin.
PDO has been used in medicine for over 30 years. Because of its safety, predictability, and reliability, doctors use PDO as a suture for both cardiovascular and orthopedic surgeries. Your body fully absorbs PDO sutures within 4-6 months without leaving any scar tissue.
How Do Collagen Threads Work
During treatment, absorbable PDO sutures, or threads are implanted into the skin, promoting collagen production. The placement of these threads causes a series of micro-injuries under the skin that triggers the body to produce a larger amount of natural collagen and elastin. Thus, helping to repair the microscopic damage that occurred.
Furthermore, PDO threads have a powerful dual effect. First, they provide an immediate tightening and lifting of the skin. Second, they stimulate your body’s own ability to generate not only collagen but elastin and hyaluronic acid. The three of these all play a large role in contributing to supple, healthy, and smooth skin. The responsibilities of each include:
- Collagen: provides the skin with tension and firmness.
- Elastin: is responsible for the skin’s firmness and elasticity.
- Hyaluronic acid: rehydrates the skin, improving the skin’s moisture and reduction of fine lines and wrinkles.
The threads remain under the skin in place for 6-8 months following the procedure and absorb safely into the body. Leaving you with new collagen and a brighter, tighter complexion.
What are the Benefits of Collagen Threads
Collagen threads in Boca Raton is a treatment that is personalized for your skin needs, helping to combat facial aging, skin stress, asymmetry, and other related concerns. Some of the main benefits of collagen threads include:
- Improves skin laxity and enhanced overall skin tone
- Reduces pore size while improving texture and overall complexion
- Increases collagen production, elastin, and hyaluronic acid
- Accelerates the skins metabolism
- Improves the appearance of wrinkles and folds
- Improves blood and lymph circulation
- Lymph circulation helps mobilize, as well as eliminate fatty deposits
- Stimulate macrophages which results in the reduction of inflammation and stimulation of the immune system (aiding in natural healing)
What Areas Can a Collagen Thread Help Lift
The areas of the face that collagen threads can help lift include:
- Nasolabial folds
- Marionette lines
How Long Does Treatment Take
Treatment length depends on the target area being treated. It can take anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour from start to finish.
What is a Mesh and Lift Collagen Thread
The mesh and lift collagen threads are two different techniques that target different concerns. The mesh technique consists of creating a mesh under the skin. For example, two sutures inserted vertically and three horizontally make a net or hashtag design. Creating a foundation for new collagen production, resulting in natural results without drastic change.
The lift technique provides more drastic and immediate results. The PDO sutures have “barbs” or “cogs” which provide an anchor under the skin. Sutures are inserted the same way, however, can be pulled in the direction to instantly reposition and lift the skin. Then rebuilding collagen to secure the lift over time.
How Long Do Results Last
The collagen threads in Boca Raton will completely absorb within the body over 6-8 months after treatment. Leaving you with younger and more radiant skin lasting between 12-18 months. For longer-lasting results, the experts at Glamor Medical recommend adding additional threads in regular intervals following initial treatment.
How Should I Prepare for a Treatment
- Avoid anti-inflammatory medications for 24 hours before treatment
- Avoid taking Vitamin C and E for 10 days before
- No exercising 24 hours before treatment
- Do not drink alcohol at least 24 hours prior
- If you are planning on having treatment prior to an event, discuss healing time scheduling before treatment
What is the Recovery Time
A collagen threat treatment is minimally invasive and requires a short recovery time. Some of the common side effects include bruising, swelling, and mild discomfort.
Try Collagen Threads in Boca Raton
Interested in getting a collagen thread treatment in South Florida? Contact Glamor Medical, Boca Raton’s favorite medspa. Offering the best treatment options in South Florida from filler, CoolSculpting, laser treatments, and more. Book your appointment today!